When do you need an ID1 form?
Because land and buildings are usually the most valuable assets people own and an attractive target for fraudsters the Land Registry have procedures in place to confirm identity. In many cases, this is dealt with by the conveyancer sending an application to the Land Registry on behalf of the client.
Sometimes parties to land transactions choose not to be represented by a conveyancer and, in such circumstances, you may need a conveyancer to complete an ID1 Land Registry Form for you.
How do you get an ID1 form?
The Form and a guide on how to complete it are available on the gov.uk website.
What is required by an ID1 form?
1. You must:
– Complete Section A in black ink and IN BLOCK CAPITALS – it is your personal information.
2. Provide evidence of identity to the conveyancer. This can be by providing either:
– a current Valid Full Passport or,
– a current UK photocard Driving Licence or,
– a current Biometric Residents’ Permit (BRP) issued by the UK Home Office.
3. Provide two of the following:
– a Credit Card bearing the Mastercard or Visa logo, an American Express or Diners Club supported by an original account statement less than 3 months old;
– a Utility Bill less than 3 months old;
– your Council Tax Bill for the current year;
– your Council Rent Book showing rent paid for the last 3 months;
– the Mortgage Statement for the mortgage accounting year just ended;
– a current Firearm or Shot Gun Certificate;
– Provide the conveyancer with two recent colour passport sized photographs.
Please note that the Credit Card Statement, the Utility Bill and Mortgage Statement must be postal statements (a letter, on paper) as electronic statements are not acceptable.
4. We will:
– Review the information you have provided in Section A;
– Review and copy your evidence of identity and retain one of your photographs because the Land Registry will contact us to check that we have completed the ID1 Form; and
– Complete Section B.
Our Fixed Fee
Dodds Solicitors LLP provide a fixed cost ID1 identification service for ID Forms. Our fee is £100 plus VAT per person.
Please note that fee covers only the completion of an ID1 Form and identifying you for the Land Registry. We will not provide advice in relation to the transaction itself nor will we witness your signature on any documentation. Contact us today or call us on 0116 201 8566 if you need a Conveyancer or help with an ID1 Form.
Warning: If you dishonestly enter information or make a statement that you know is, or might be untrue or misleading, and intend by doing so to make a gain for yourself or another person or to cause loss or the risk of loss to another person, you may commit the offence of fraud under Section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006, the maximum penalty for which is 10 years imprisonment or an unlimited fine, or both.