Dodds Solicitors are currently seeking a self-motivated Care Solicitor to join our growing team. The successful candidate will join our Family Department based in Leicester City Centre.
Are you interested in a challenging, rewarding and well-rounded child care solicitor role?
Dodds Solicitors specialise in family services, criminal defence, conveyancing and wills and probate. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a department dedicated to providing good quality legal advice and representation in a range of community care issues.
For this role you will be expected to complete the following duties:
- Provide advice and representation on a full range of issues relating to children.
- Undertake advocacy at all levels of Courts and Tribunals as appropriate and provide a full range of professional legal advice.
- Liaise with the clients to ensure a responsive and cost-effective service is being provided.
- Keep up to date with developments in local government and the law which are relevant to the post.
- Provide good quality advice and representation.
- Advising on matters relating to all aspects of Care Proceedings.
- Drafting legal documentation and correspondence.
- Developing relationships and promoting the image and ethos of the firm, externally and internally.
- Completing time recording and other management records required by the firm.
- Willing to undertake work representing all parties in care proceedings including as Agent instructed by Local Authorities.
The following skills will be required:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent communicational skills.
- Highly organised, able to manage a varied workload.
- Significant experience of advocacy before Courts/Tribunals in childcare cases.
- Substantial knowledge of the law relating to child welfare and protection.
- Experience of advising local authorities.
- Excellent organisational, time management skills with the initiative for practice development.
- Patience and tact are necessary as you will be assisting vulnerable people whose welfare is our priority.
- Sound knowledge of legal aid funding relating to this area of law is required.
- Be adaptable and thrive on a challenge.
- Experienced in all aspects of community care and Court of Protection work.
- Strong IT skills are essential as the team transitions to a paperless system.
- Experience in using DPS would be advantageous but not essential.
Competitive salary dependent on your level of experience
Car Parking available
Please contact our Practice Manager Sarah Mills to apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org