Legal Assistant/Paralegal (Family Department)
Are you a Law Graduate interested in pursuing a career in Family Law?
Dodds Solicitors are currently seeking a Legal Assistant/Paralegal for a one year fixed term contract. The successful candidate will join our Family Department based in Leicester City Centre. Dodds Solicitors specialise in family services, criminal defence, conveyancing and wills and probate. This is a great opportunity to build your experience and provide Legal Assistant/Paralegal support to our Family Team.
For this role you will be expected to complete the following duties:
- Providing support to the relevant Fee Earner.
- Attending court and meetings.
- Maintaining the clients matter and keeping all information up to date.
- Preparing and updating court bundles.
- Handling incoming enquiries from new and existing clients.
- Liaising with clients and other professionals.
- Dealing with correspondence.
- Provide a high-quality client service.
- Be pro-active in resolving problems and clients’ needs.
- General administrative duties.
The following skills will be required:
- Law Degree.
- Previous experience in a similar role or studying for the LPC.
- Keen to pursue a career in family law.
- Strong organisational skills.
- You should have a positive outlook and work well within a team.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communicational skills.
- Comfortable working on their own initiative.
- Experience in using DPS would be advantageous but not essential.
Competitive salary dependent on your level of experience.
Applicants of all levels will be considered.
Please contact Jo Hill, Senior Paralegal to apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org