Need help finding a Conveyancer to complete an ID1 Form?

Here at Dodds we can help you with completing an ID1 form.

You may have been asked to complete this form if you are disposing of your property, for example, if you are transferring or re-mortgaging a property and do not have legal representation and the other party has.

Owning your own property or land is usually the most valuable asset you could own, it is therefore also open to fraud. HM Land Registry have strict requirements and if one party to a transaction does not have legal representation then the other party will be required to complete the ID1 Form.

An ID1 form is a form confirming that person’s identity in order for the registration of the transaction to proceed. An ID1 form is valid for three months and must be lodged with the relevant application within three months of the ID1 form being completed. If this time has elapsed you will be required to complete another form.

A copy of the ID1 form and guidance notes can be obtained from the Land Registry website.

Please note you are required to attend our offices in Leicester in person with the form and your ID as listed below. You will be required to complete section A and we will be required to complete section B.

Not sure if you need an ID1 Form? See our article here on why they are important. 

Our Fixed Fee

Dodds Solicitors LLP provide a fixed cost ID1 identification service for ID1 forms. Our fee is £100 plus VAT per person.

Please note that fee covers only the completion of an ID1 form and identifying you for the Land Registry. We will not provide advice in relation to the transaction itself nor will we witness your signature on any documentation.

Contact us today on 0116 262 596 if you need a Conveyancer or help with an ID1 Form.

Warning: If you dishonestly enter information or make a statement that you know is, or might be untrue or misleading, and intend by doing so to make a gain for yourself or another person or to cause loss or the risk of loss to another person, you may commit the offence of fraud under Section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006, the maximum penalty for which is 10 years imprisonment or an unlimited fine, or both.

You must bring along with the following:

  • a current Valid Full Passport or,
  • a current UK photocard Driving Licence or,
  • a current Biometric Residents’ Permit (BRP) issued by the UK Home Office.

Provide two of the following:

  • a Credit Card bearing the Mastercard or Visa logo, an American Express or Diners Club supported by an original account statement less than 3 months old;
  • a Utility Bill less than 3 months old;
  • your Council Tax Bill for the current year;
  • your Council Rent Book showing rent paid for the last 3 months;
  • the Mortgage Statement for the mortgage accounting year just ended;
  • a current Firearm or Shot Gun Certificate;

Provide the conveyancer with two recent colour passport sized photographs.

Please note that the Credit Card Statement, the Utility Bill and Mortgage Statement must be postal statements (a letter, on paper) as electronic statements are not acceptable.

Contact us today on 0116 262 596 if you need a Conveyancer or help with an ID1 Form.