SRA Transparency Rules Cost & Service – Motor
Our crime department is headed up by Steve Morris, Partner, and assisted by a team of professional criminal solicitors and legal clerks. We have over 30 years of experience covering all aspects of Criminal Law, and our defence solicitors are all qualified members of the duty solicitor schemes regulated by the Legal Aid Agency (LAA). They provide private or legal aid services based upon your individual circumstances.
Please note that the below are estimates and are subject to how complicated the case is and any specific requirements of the client. Please make the client aware of this and that final approval is given by a partner when the case is taken on. Clients should also be made aware that the amount is required on account in advance of the court hearing.
- Guilty Plea and sentence on the same day – £300 plus VAT
- Guilty Plea and adjournment (e.g. 2 hearings) – £400 plus VAT
- Any additional adjournment – £100 plus VAT
- Exceptional Hardship/Special Reasons Arguments (road traffic) – £400 plus VAT
- Trials – dealt with on a case by case basis depending on length of trial, number of witnesses etc. Starting fee £1,000 Plus VAT. This includes the fee for the initial plea hearing.
- Crown Court fees – Please speak to Fee Earner who will obtain a quotation from counsel and provide an estimate of costs.
- For the Magistrates’ Court part of the work:
- Guilty Plea and Committal for Sentence – £150 Plus VAT
- Not Guilty Plea and Committal for Trial – £100 Plus VAT